Senior Project Engineer (Systems) HVAC- Vancouver
Who are we?
What will be your role?
You will provide technical and subject matter expertise on marine HVAC systems and components, ship design specifications, heating and cooling load calculations, duct pressure loss calculations, equipment and duct sizing calculations, controls philosophies, etc.
• Develop HVAC system designs and prepares detailed design drawings in concert with the client.
• Provides HVAC expertise and advice to clients and recommends solutions to issues as they arise including conflicts with other systems while respecting each step of the Project Lifecycle process.
• Act as a mentor for junior engineer.
• Prepare single line diagrams.
• Prepare chilled water systems single line diagrams.
• Calculates heat loads, pressure drops for ducting and piping systems, equipment capacities, duct sizing.
• Prepare HVAC equipment layout sketches.
• Ensure that requirements are met to permit the efficient and effective integration of the HVAC system into a ship design model or retrofit into an existing ship physical infrastructure.
• Provide recommendations on HVAC machinery control system architecture.
• Identify and resolves technical issues that arise on site to ensure that the system is installed as planned.
• Prepares material requisitions for submission to Purchasing Department.
• Participate in commissioning, inspections and production engineering issue rectification.
• Assist in the preparation of quotations.
• Ensures that time spent on project tasks meet effort and schedule requirements.
• Work within our mechanical and automation controls teams to deliver great service to clients.
Which candidate profile are we looking for?
• 7 to 10 years of relevant experience.
• Experience in HVAC system design, HVAC ship experience (an asset).
• Computer literate including AutoCAD, ShipConstructor (asset).
• Thorough knowledge of HVAC and ventilation systems processes, psychometrics, and duct/fan system performance.
• Self-starter with ability to learn quickly, work independently under minimal direction, able to prioritize work to meet customer needs.
• Organized with strong attention to detail, while managing multiple priorities, follow-up and follow-through skills.
• Strong communication and technical writing skills along with project level experience is preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Bilingual: French and English.
• Knowledge of Refrigeration (an asset).
• Must be willing and able to travel up to-10%.
• Canadian Permanent Resident or Canadian Citizen.
Why work for Bronswerk Group?
• Competitive salary and benefits, group insurances and retirement program
• Continuous professional development