SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER – BROSSARD, QC
Who are we?
What will be your role?
• Develop HVAC system designs and prepares detailed design drawings in concert with the client.
• Provides HVAC expertise and advice to clients and recommends solutions to issues as they arise including conflicts with other systems while respecting each step of the Project Lifecycle process.
• Act as a mentor for junior engineer.
• Prepare single line diagrams.
• Prepare chilled water systems single line diagrams.
• Calculates heat loads, pressure drops for ducting and piping systems, equipment capacities, duct sizing.
• Prepare HVAC equipment layout sketches.
• Ensure that requirements are met to permit the efficient and effective integration of the HVAC system into a ship design model or retrofit into an existing ship physical infrastructure.
• Provide recommendations on HVAC machinery control system architecture.
• Identify and resolves technical issues that arise on site to ensure that the system is installed as planned.
• Prepares material requisitions for submission to Purchasing Department.
• Participate in commissioning, inspections and production engineering issue rectification.
• Assist in the preparation of quotations.
• Ensures that time spent on project tasks meet effort and schedule requirements.
• Work within our mechanical and automation controls teams to deliver great service to clients.
Which candidate profile are we looking for?
• 7 to 10 years of relevant experience.
• Experience in HVAC system design, HVAC ship experience (an asset).
• Computer literate including AutoCAD, ShipConstructor (asset).
• Thorough knowledge of HVAC and ventilation systems processes, psychometrics, and duct/fan system performance.
• Self-starter with ability to learn quickly, work independently under minimal direction, able to prioritize work to meet customer needs.
• Organized with strong attention to detail, while managing multiple priorities, follow-up and follow-through skills.
• Strong communication and technical writing skills along with project level experience is preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Bilingual: French and English.
• Knowledge of Refrigeration (an asset).
• Must be willing and able to travel up to-10%.
• Canadian Permanent Resident or Canadian Citizen.
Why work for Bronswerk Group?
• Competitive salary and benefits, group insurances and retirement program
• Continuous professional development