PROJECT MANAGER- VANCOUVER, BC
Immediate Supervisor: Programs Director
Who are we?
Bronswerk Group, headquartered in Brossard, Quebec, Canada. Bronswerk Group is an industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration systems. We are a fully accredited ISO 9001: 2015 organization, qualified to deliver full turn-key, integrated solutions to the ship building industry. Specializing in Merchant Marine, Offshore and Military we target markets around the globe, and we are positioning ourselves for long term growth. For more information visit: www.bronswerkgroup.com
What will be your role?
Reporting to the Programs Director the Project Manager will manage the human, financial and operational resources necessary to meet contractual and company related obligations of the projects to ensure ship delivery, acceptance and project profitability. This role will integrate the local team (installation and production engineering) into the shipyard team to ensure collective resource planning and support are available for current and upcoming projects. The Site Project Manager will also be maintaining a good flow of information between Bronswerk Marine Inc., the client and other contracted companies working on the projects to optimise the build strategy of the shipyard to continuously improve the process on successive ships.
You will be working with the Bronswerk Marine Inc. (BMI) production and Senior Seaspan staff to make production and build strategy decisions in the best interest of the overall program. Actively participates in the execution of the project, works between the Installation Managers Production Engineers on both BMI and Seaspan teams to resolve emerging issues, adapt BMI/VSY installation/production philosophies to the developing shipyard workflow and re-priorities BMI/VSY scheduling to meet changing priorities, and deliver quality system solutions within the timelines and costs.
- Work with Senior Seaspan staff to optimise the build strategy and implement time and cost saving measures with shipyard staff.
- Lead Bronswerk representative in the shipyard, ensures that client is informed of installation progress, issues, recommendations, etc.; assists in program meetings with shipyard.
- Manage installation projects ensuring goals, timelines, resources, material and budget are aligned.
- Liaise with the engineering team located in Montreal to ensure: appropriate HVAC designs for the different spaces onboard ships are developed/adapted to the build process; re-asses equipment delivery strategies for equipment, duct material and duct manufacture; selection of appropriate system components based on the design professional drawing packages (single lines, double lines, installation, and equipment drawings) are well understood locally delivery of other project related documents (user manuals, training, etc.).
- Lead and support Installation Managers and provide assistance to overcome technical, schedule, fit, mounting, supply chain and client issues.
- Provides alternative options and facilitates disagreements between Installation Managers and Production Engineer and VSY when a middle ground needs to be found.
- Oversees and approves all changes to drawings to reflect as-built evolution of the installations
- Resolves installation issues in a timely manner, ensures that change and requirements are understood, documented, communicated, costed and applied.
- Responsible for the quality of deliverables and installations.
- Monitor progress, earned value, deliverables and acceptance plans against plans and mitigate issues when they arise.
- Monitor time & technical activities of projects and ensure that deliverables meet contract requirements ensuring customer acceptance is achieved.
- Coordinates supplier’s deliverables with project timelines and ensure quality.
- Manages all contract administration and stays on top of project budget (invoicing and costs).
- Acts as the primary point of contact with the customer.
- Maintains communications with customer on project progress, issues and risks at all levels of the organization.
- Manages scope and change requests in a proactive manner.
- Monitors customer satisfaction and address concerns.
- Monitor contract delivery (i.e., specifications, costs and customer satisfaction)
- May assist in the development and negotiation of contractual agreements and/or change requests
Which candidate profile are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering.
- 8-10 years of experience in HVAC system engineering design or experience operating/maintaining HVAC systems
- Experience in project managing Ship Installations/Refurbishment; good working knowledge of PM software
- Good knowledge of project finance and cost control
- PMP certification (an asset)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with strong relational skills (English)
- Excellent organization skills and capacity to juggle multiple tasks and resources
- Excellent business acumen for long term development is highly desirable
Why work for Bronswerk Group?
- Dynamic workplace and fast-growing international company
- Huge opportunities for career progression – we’re a rapidly growing organization and we prefer to promote internally
- Competitive salary and benefits, group insurances and retirement program
How do I apply?
If you want to work for a fast-growing international company industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration systems, look no further: firstname.lastname@example.org