PROJECT MANAGER- HALIFAX, NS
Who are we?
Bronswerk Group, headquartered in Brossard, Quebec, Canada. Bronswerk Group is an industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration systems. We are a fully accredited ISO 9001: 2015 organization, qualified to deliver full turnkey, integrated solutions to the ship building industry. Specializing in Merchant Marine, Offshore and Military we target markets around the globe and we are positioning ourselves for long term growth. For more information visit: www.bronswerkgroup.com
What will be your role?
Reporting to the Site Director, the Project Manager will manage the human, financial and operational resources necessary to meet contractual and company related obligations of the project to ensure profitability. The Project Manager will provide day-to-day leadership for the members assigned to the team and ensures ongoing communications with the customer. He will actively participate in the execution of the project and interact with the project team and the client to ensure open communications. The incumbent will monitor quality of the system solution as well as the timelines and costs to ensure contractual obligations are respected. Manage the design, development and integration of Bronswerk Products.
- Manage projects ensuring goals, timelines, resources, material and budget are
- Review design /selection of Refrigeration Systems and HVAC Equipment (merchant, Navy and Offshore) in line with contractual requirements including the detail design (calculations, component selections, etc), control philosophy, control system P&IDs and other project control documents as established in Bronswerk’s Project Lifecycle;
- Analyses component costs including labour (detailed design, engineering, testing, installation) for review with Manager.
- Manage known product issues and field upgrades and repairs, working with the Site Director and the Manager of In-Service Support.
- Develop Bronswerk branding standards and ensure that Branding on equipment is executed.
- Prepares required engineering documentation/deliverables as per contract;
- Monitor time & technical activities of projects and ensure that deliverables meet contract requirements ensuring customer acceptance is achieved.
- Coordinates supplier’s deliverables with project timelines and ensure quality.
- Coordinate with project team and Packaging teams to ensure their deliverables are aligned with the project requirements (design requirements and timelines & budget).
- Works with project teams to ensure that the final outputs of designs are functional, cost effective, and meet customer requirements in line with company standards and Project Life Cycle. Provides timely technical direction and intervention as required.
- Identify new product development opportunities using emerging technologies through R&D efforts.
- Reviews and checks engineered product drawings (final approval)
- Review calculation (or supports calculations) of equipment capacities, shock and strength, center of gravity, cooling and heating capacities and requirements, etc.;
- Acts as the point of contact with the customer.
- Maintains communications with customer on project progress, issues and risks at all levels of the organization.
- Monitors customer satisfaction and address concerns.
- Monitor contract delivery (i.e., specifications, costs and customer satisfaction)
- May assist in the development and negotiation of contractual agreements and/or change requests
Which candidate profile are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering.
- 7-10 years of experience.
- Significant HVAC/R Engineering Management experience
- Proven ability and desire to lead, coach and guide a team of mechanical engineers performing complex systems design
- Strong understanding of engineering processes
- Experience influencing working relationships within cross-functional teams
- Highly effective communicator (business and technical)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple projects within a fast-paced environment.
- Consistent positive attitude that influences the team, partners, and customers
- Good understanding of the budgetary/financial side of business
- Demonstrated leadership skill
- Innovative, proactive, energetic, can-do type of personality.
Why work for Bronswerk Group?
- Dynamic workplace and fast-growing international company
- Competitive salary and benefits, group insurances and retirement program
- Continuous professional development
How do I apply?
If you want to work for a fast-growing international company industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration systems, look no further: email@example.com