PROJECT ENGINEER HVAC (SYSTEMS) – BROSSARD, QC
Who are we?
Bronswerk Group, headquartered in Brossard, Quebec, Canada. Bronswerk Group is an industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration systems. We are a fully accredited ISO 9001: 2015 organization, qualified to deliver full turnkey, integrated solutions to the ship building industry. Specializing in Merchant Marine, Offshore and Military we target markets around the globe, and we are positioning ourselves for long term growth. For more information visit: www.bronswerkgroup.com
Reporting to the Director Programs, the Project Engineer will be called to work in different areas including Conceptual Design, System Design, Equipment Design, R&D and Controls. Works with Project Managers and Project Engineers to prepare deliverables for marine projects and ensure adherence to quality, contract requirements, proposal request requirements and timelines. Actively participates in the execution of projects, and some conceptual design often called upon to multi-task effectively and support multiple requests simultaneously.
- With guidance from Manager, the Project Engineer will design HVAC-R systems in both 2D and 3D, prepare Control System P&IDs, calculate heat loads, air balancing, duct sizing, pressure drop for ducting and piping systems, equipment selection and noise calculation.
- Coordinates with Clients and support installation managers during the installation phase.
- Commissioning the installed system: air balance, troubleshoot, and sell-off to the client.
- May be called upon to assist with preparing technical quotations, assisting with system start-ups on board ships and performing Factory Acceptance Tests, Harbour Acceptance Tests and Sea Acceptance Tests
- Researches and recommends parts, and fittings required by the system design including costs for review by Project Manager
- Prepares technical documents related to projects including Operator/Maintainer Manuals and Training materials
- Develops and delivers customer focused solutions for HVAC-R solutions in line with request for proposals and/or contractual requirements
- Provides input to the project planning process, assesses the time required for the project engineering and the detailed design tasks
- Analyses system costs including labour (detailed design, engineering, testing, installation) and components for review
- All other type of engineering support work related to contract requirements.
Customer and Sub-Contractor Management:
- Participates in identifying functional requirements and vendors as needed.
- Assist Project Manager in identifying and resolving project issues and risks.
What sets you apart?
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or Marine Engineering.
- 3-5 years of experience.
- Coursework in HVAC-R design or heat transfer and thermodynamics.
- Excellent 2D and 3D design skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple projects within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work and apply technical resources with minimal supervision.
- Attention to quality and detail, as well as being a quick learner with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent English both oral and written.
- Ability to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Availability to travel on different sites, when required, to meet clients, internal teams and/or system commissioning.
- No criminal record and must be able to meet security clearance requirements.
What sets us apart?
- Dynamic workplace and fast-growing international company
- Competitive salary and benefits, group insurances and retirement program
- Continuous professional development
How do I apply?
If you want to work for a fast-growing international company industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration systems, look no further: firstname.lastname@example.org