Program Manager, Adelaide, Australia
Who are we?
Bronswerk Group, headquartered in Brossard, Quebec, Canada. Bronswerk Group is an industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration systems. We are a fully accredited ISO 9001: 2015 organization, qualified to deliver full turn-key, integrated solutions to the ship building industry. Specializing in Merchant Marine, Offshore and Military we target markets around the globe and we are positioning ourselves for long term growth. For more information visit: www.bronswerkgroup.com
What will be your role?
Reporting to the Management Board of Bronswerk Australia PTY LTD (Vice President Naval Program & Executive Vice President) the Program Manager will be responsible for developing and managing a strong project business pipeline focusing on delivering engineering/equipment and installation services for the Australian Naval Shipbuilding Plan including in service support (ISS) to existing RAN Vessels through ISS providers such as THALES/Babcock/BAE that Bronswerk has been supporting from Montreal, Canada as well as providing technical expertise to current and future clients within the defined region. The incumbent will have responsibility for driving industry engagement growth and local presence to achieve Australian content requirements.
This new role will also need to implement a local team to ensure resource planning and support are available for projects. The Program Manager will also be maintaining a good flow of information between Bronswerk Marine, the client and other contracted companies working on projects to develop, maintain and optimise the engineering support, equipment build, and ship installation/ ship build strategy to continuously improve the process on successive ships. This role will also implement earned value and planning initiatives from Bronswerks North American operations.
• Expand market awareness of our products and our industry experience by communicating features and benefits of our products and systems effectively.
• Work with the engineering team to ensure customer project requirements are met
• Prepare responses to RFP (request for proposals) and RFI (request for information) supported by the Montreal Office.
• Maintain awareness of pertinent client information, future plans, payment performance; communicate any client information that may affect company decisions to appropriate departments as needed.
• Identify local partners for part supply to equipment manufacturing (frames, coils, etc);
• Prepare business/resource/facility plans to allow Bronswerk Australia to grow organically to support the local programs.
• Work with Shipyards Senior staff to optimise the build strategy and implement time and cost saving measures with shipyard staff.
• Lead Bronswerk representative in the shipyard, ensures that client is informed of installation progress, issues, recommendations, etc.; assists in program meetings with shipyard.
• Manage installation projects ensuring goals, timelines, resources, material and budget are aligned.
• Liaise with HVAC engineers and Project Managers located in Montreal to ensure: appropriate HVAC designs for the different spaces onboard ships are developed/adapted to the build process; re-asses equipment delivery strategies for equipment, duct material and duct manufacture; selection of appropriate system components based on the design professional drawing packages (single lines, double lines, installation, and equipment drawings) are well understood locally delivery of other project related documents (user manuals, training, etc.).
• Lead and support Installation Managers and provide assistance to overcome technical, schedule, fit, mounting, supply chain and client issues.
• Oversees and approves all changes to drawings to reflect as-built evolution of the installations.
• Resolves installation issues in a timely manner, through local engineering team, ensures that change and requirements are understood, documented, communicated, costed and applied.
• Responsible for the quality of deliverables, equipment and installations.
• Monitor progress, earned value, deliverables and acceptance plans against plans and mitigate issues when they arise.
• Monitor time & technical activities of projects and ensure that deliverables meet contract requirements ensuring customer acceptance is achieved.
• Coordinates supplier’s deliverables with project timelines and ensure quality.
• Manages all contract administration and stays on top of project budget (invoicing and costs).
Business Development and Customer Management:
• Manage and interpret customer requirements – speaking with clients to understand, anticipate and meet their needs and proposing where appropriate alternatives to increase local content, reliability, availability and/or buildability.
• Assist in the preparation of business proposals.
• Identify and resolve client concerns; recommending a course of action to alleviate these concerns in the future.
• Acts as the primary point of contact with the customer.
• Manages scope and change requests in a proactive manner.
• Monitors customer satisfaction and address concerns.
• Tracks Project Metrics for Schedule and Cost achievement
• Monitor contract delivery (i.e., specifications, costs and customer satisfaction)
• May assist in the development and negotiation of contractual agreements and/or change requests.
In Service Support
• Ensure the ship building support program is implemented to build a strong base for follow on in service support/maintenance of the ships once delivered.
Which candidate profile are we looking for?
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or certified system maintainer/operator.
• 8-10 years of experience in ship design, shipbuilding with HVAC system engineering design or experience operating/maintaining HVAC systems.
• Experience in project managing Ship Installations/Refurbishment.
• Good knowledge of project finance and cost control.
• PMP certification (an asset).
• Team management experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with strong relational skills (English).
• Excellent organization skills and capacity to juggle multiple tasks and resources.
• Excellent business acumen for long term development is highly desirable.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment.
• Valid passport and driver license.
Why work for Bronswerk Group?
• High growth potential in Australia to deliver local manufacturing, engineering support and turn key installation to all Australian continuous shipbuilding programs creating a significant Bronswerk division and contributor in the region.
• Dynamic workplace and fast growing international company
• Continuous professional development
How do I apply?
If you want to work for a fast-growing international company industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration systems, look no further: email@example.com