Production Engineer (Mechanical Eng) – Halifax, NS
Who are we?
Bronswerk Marine, headquartered in Brossard, Quebec, Canada. Bronswerk Group is an industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration systems. We are a fully accredited ISO 9001: 2015 organization, qualified to deliver full turnkey, integrated solutions to the ship building industry. Specializing in Merchant Marine, Offshore and Military we target markets around the globe, and we are positioning ourselves for long term growth. For more information visit: www.bronswerkgroup.com
Bronswerk Marine has been selected as the HVAC-R supplier and installer on the Artic Offshore Patrol Ships (AOPS) Program as part of Canada’s National Shipbuilding Program on the East Coast and is involved heavily on the West Coast.
What will be your role?
Reporting to the Director of Halifax, the Production Engineer will be part of the AOPS project team. They will work as part of the engineering team to ensure Bronswerk work scope is installed and manufactured to the proper standards required by both the company and the client.
The primary role will be to assist with all the internal and external manufacturing of ductwork. This can involve verifying drawings packages for fabrication, coordinating with internal and external vendors, and inspecting ductwork to ensure conformance. Secondary roles will include general project support to the AOPS project team such as the following:
- Assist with managing BOMs (Bill of Materials) and reporting progress on a weekly basis
- Prepare estimates for changes in scope of work
- Work with internal, external, and customer teams to resolve issues
- Prepare requisitions for ductwork and equipment under Bronswerk scope of work
- Create/Update drawings and project documentation as required
- Quality inspections on equipment and material provided by internal and external vendors
- Review on-site progress and assist team with matters throughout all stages of ship construction
- Assist in commissioning activities and balancing of HVAC systems
Which candidate profile are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering
- 3 to 5 years of related experience
- Must be a team player with strong technical and communication (English) skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects within a fast-paced environment.
- Exposure to HVAC component Design, Refrigeration system (an asset)
- Excellent 2D and 3D design skills (AutoCAD preferred)
- Attention to quality and detail, as well as being a quick learner with excellent problem-solving skills
- Desire to perform field work and participate in on-ship tasks
Why work for Bronswerk Group?
- Dynamic workplace and fast-growing international company
- Competitive salary and benefits, group insurances and retirement program
- Continuous professional development
How do I apply?
If you want to work for a fast-growing international company industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration systems, look no further: email@example.com