Production Engineer (Mechanical Eng) – Halifax, NS
Who are we?
Bronswerk Marine, headquartered in Brossard, Quebec, Canada. Bronswerk Group is an industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration systems. We are a fully accredited ISO 9001: 2015 organization, qualified to deliver full turn-key, integrated solutions to the ship building industry. Specializing in Merchant Marine, Offshore and Military we target markets around the globe, and we are positioning ourselves for long term growth. For more information visit: www.bronswerkgroup.com
What will be your role?
Reporting to the Site Director, the Production Engineer will be part of the Marine HVAC Offshore Patrol Ships Program (AOPS) project team. They will primarily work with the Installation Manager and installation teams onsite to ensure that all work is scoped correctly and installed to the correct standards required by BMI.
The incumbent will be actively participating in executing the project, often called upon to multi-task effectively and support multiple requests simultaneously. The Mechanical Engineer will contribute to all aspects of HVAC-R system design, system integration, interest in controls, PLC’s and touchscreens for the project.
Planning & Reporting
- Project reporting and KPIs, including actuals/earned value/CPI and SPIs.
- Updating actuals into the Microsoft Project plan. Weekly minimum.
- Maintaining the BOM to the most up to date version.
- Ensure the master plan for work scope for each vessel is updated with the latest changes to scope to ensure budget requirements are met.
- Provide Invoicing details for finance monthly.
- Attend/support MPR as requested by management.
- Maintaining the BOM to the most up to date version.
- Prepare and host source inspections by ISI, ensuring correct tech spec, packing slip, size and SDRL are prepared in advance.
- Review workload of Workshop with management and decide on issuing fab packs to 3rd
- Attend ISI planning meetings and update BMI plans as required.
- Weekly timesheets for installers and workshop personnel to be inputted into ERP.
- Attend BPR meetings with required information for communicating lock outs.
- Provides input to the project planning process, assesses the time required for the engineering and the detailed design tasks.
- Produce CCPs for approval, submit to ISI when management approved on share point.
- Produce/assist with SCIIs
- Review and red line fabrication and installation drawings ensuring that all TIRs are included.
- Resolve TIRs and VIRs as required by contractor.
- Drawings for project to be maintained up to date with the latest revision.
- Update the Duct Construction Standard Document as required and ensure LRs reviews and approves.
- Interact with Lloyds Register to ensure all SDRLs and questions are responded to correctly and in a timely manner.
- Prepare work pack for installation teams for ship 3 onward.
- Ensure any design/build changes are checked and do not compromise the overall system performance (air flow, noise, space temperature, humidity etc.)
- Ensure all installation and equipment drawings are up to date on share point as directed by management.
- Apply mechanical engineering principles to perform required calculations such as headloads, pressure drops, noise & equipment specific calculations, etc.
- Develops and delivers customer focused solutions for HVAC-R equipment in line with request for proposals and/or contractual requirements.
- Provide mechanical engineering support to contract requirements.
- Interfaces with vendors to discuss functional requirements of components.
- Resolve any NCRs issued to BMI by ISI as required by management.
- Issue internal NCR – CAR when required following any lack of quality process.
- Quality check installation and validate work complete (minimum weekly basis)
- Quality control checks on equipment and material both for internal and external (vendors) as required by management.
- CRRRs – Contractor rework requests forms -ensure that they are produced and tracked correctly.
- Maintain SharePoint to the best and latest approved version ensuring obsolete documents are removed.
- Ensure best practise is utilised where possible
- Continuous improvement on install project, combining spools, hanger removal, re-design joiner spools.
- Verify compartment/system completion and ready for T&T start in accordance with plan. Flag outstanding items.
- Coordinate and participate in pre-commissioning checklist, start up, fault finding, trouble shooting. Download and analyse data as required.
- Balance the HVAC system.
- Coordinate and record Harbour Acceptance Trials for HVAC (HATs), Sea Acceptance Trials for HVAC(SATs).
Which candidate profile are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering
- 3 to 5 years of related experience
- Must be a team player with strong technical and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple projects within a fast-paced environment.
- Exposure to HVAC component Design, Refrigeration system (an asset)
- Excellent 2D and 3D design skills
- Excellent English both oral and written
- Ability to work and apply technical resources with minimal supervision
- Attention to quality and detail, as well as being a quick learner with excellent problem-solving skills
Why work for Bronswerk Group?
- Dynamic workplace and fast-growing international company
- Competitive salary and benefits, group insurances and retirement program
- Continuous professional development
How do I apply?
If you want to work for a fast-growing international company industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration systems, look no further: firstname.lastname@example.org