MECHANICAL DRAFTER – BROSSARD
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Engineering
Who are we?
Bronswerk Marine, headquartered in Brossard, Quebec, Canada. Bronswerk Group is an industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration systems. We are a fully accredited ISO 9001: 2015 organization, qualified to deliver full turnkey, integrated solutions to the ship building industry. Specializing in Merchant Marine, Offshore and Military we target markets around the globe, and we are positioning ourselves for long term growth. For more information visit: www.bronswerkgroup.com
What will be your role?
Reporting to the Director of Engineering the Mechanical Drafter will work on the design and detail design of HVAC equipment. Making 3D models, detailed 2D drawings and production drawings according to Bronswerk work /design methods that meet the industry standards.
- Produce 3D models and product drawings of each piece of equipment.
- Produce manufacturing, assembly and installation drawings
- Conceive and design equipment (skids, enclosures, piping, mounting systems) for Naval HVAC-R industry.
- Create 2D drawings for approval and construction, and maintain data in Vault library, following the established procedures
- Works within the project teams to ensure that the final outputs of designs are functional, cost effective, and meet customer requirements in line with company standards and Project Life Cycle.
- Ensure BOM integrity in both AutoCAD and ERP system.
- Use Bronswerk’s standards, processes, handbooks, BRW’s, templates, etc. in the Document Center to ensure availability and accessibility company wide.
- Participate in material selection and get information from (potential) suppliers.
- Participate in product meetings.
Which candidate profile are we looking for?
- College Degree in mechanical drafting (CAD) or DEP in industrial design.
- 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing or mechanical sheet metal industry, with a minimum of 3 years in design and drafting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and Inventor design software
- Solid knowledge of functional tolerancing.
- Creativity: ability to imagine, conceive and translate ideas to paper.
- Ability to manage priorities in a context of multiple and complex deliveries
- Consistent positive attitude that influences the team, partners, and customers
- Innovative, proactive, energetic, can-do type of personality.
- Good mechanical aptitude as well as creativity in solving problems
- Strong understanding of Computer -Aided Design and Drafting
- Strong understanding of INVENTOR
Why work for Bronswerk Group?
- Dynamic workplace and fast-growing international company
- Competitive salary and benefits, group insurances and retirement program
- Continuous professional development
How do I apply?
If you want to work for a fast-growing international company industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration systems, look no further: firstname.lastname@example.org