AUTOMATION CONTROLS ENGINEER – HALIFAX, NS
Immediate Supervisor: System Integration Director, Halifax
Who are we?
Bronswerk Marine, headquartered in Brossard, Quebec, Canada. Bronswerk Group is an industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration systems. We are a fully accredited ISO 9001: 2015 organization, qualified to deliver full turn-key, integrated solutions to the ship building industry. Specializing in Merchant Marine, Offshore and Military we target markets around the globe, and we are positioning ourselves for long term growth.
Bronswerk Marine Inc. is the OEM for all HVAC systems onboard Canadian Navy, Canadian Coast Guard and Commercial Marine and Offshore ships and we are currently acting as a leading provider for Irving Shipyard in Halifax. Bronswerk’s has an immediate opening for an Automation Controls Engineer to work in our Halifax offices. For more information visit: www.bronswerkgroup.com
What will be your role?
Reporting to the System Integration Director, the Automation & Controls Engineer will work in concert with Project Manager and the Automation & Controls Team in Brossard to design and develop controls systems (including electrical, algorithm and software design) for Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC-R) systems installed in large marine vessels.
The incumbent will play an important role as part of the installation team. In addition to the commissioning activities, he will be involved in the develop of products and systems for global projects.
- Provides input to the project planning process, prepare project scopes of work, and assesses the time required for the project engineering and the detailed design tasks
- Responsible for end to end testing, downloading programming, starting up, commissioning, and servicing on assigned projects.
- Designs, redesigns and supports product design and development; provides technical support on projects, feasibility studies, and profitability assessments.
- Testing and trouble-shooting equipment and ethernet network for HVAC systems during commissioning and Factory acceptance tests.
- Supports Field Technicians and Engineers during start-up and commissioning.
- Checking the calibration of system sensors and transmitters
- Support with commissioning documentations.
- Works closely with other teams such as Refrigeration and/or HVAC projects teams to design and integrate appropriate controls
- Coordinates with Automation Controls Manager to precisely understand requirements for all project installation, gathering materials and synchronizing on-site work.
- Design control panels using AutoCAD Electrical. Produce associated shop drawings and wiring diagrams under the supervision of the Automation & Controls Manager.
- Developing graphical interfaces for human-machine interfaces (HMIs Beijer and Siemens)
- Technological watch on automation products in general for a continuous optimization of products
Which candidate profile are we looking for?
- 3-5 years of experience in HVAC Controls or Industrial Automation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instrumentation & Automation or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with various PLC and Industrial controls systems
- Familiar with PLC programming and implementation (Siemens Step 7 and Logo Controller,
- HMI development and programming (Beijer)
- Hands-on, with strong root cause analysis and troubleshooting skills in automation
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and attention to timelines and budget control
- Excellent communication, planning, influencing and organization skills
- Experience in drawing panel layouts in AutoCAD Electrical (or other software)
- Must be willing and able to travel up to-10%
- Must be Canadian Permanent Resident or Canadian Citizen
Why work for Bronswerk Group?
- Dynamic workplace and fast-growing international company
- Competitive salary and benefits, group insurances and retirement program
- Continuous professional development
How do I apply?
If you want to work for a fast-growing international company industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration systems, look no further: email@example.com