AUTOMATION AND CONTROLS ENGINEER – BROSSARD,QC
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Engineering
Who are we?
Bronswerk Marine, headquartered in Brossard, Quebec, Canada. Bronswerk Group is an industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration systems. We are a fully accredited ISO 9001: 2015 organization, qualified to deliver full turnkey, integrated solutions to the ship building industry. Specializing in Merchant Marine, Offshore and Military we target markets around the globe, and we are positioning ourselves for long term growth. For more information visit: www.bronswerkgroup.com
What will be your role?
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Automation & Controls Engineer will work in concert with the Controls Team and the Project Team to design and develop controls systems (including electrical, algorithm and software design) for Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC-R) systems installed in large marine vessels.
The incumbent will play an important role as part of a team to develop products and systems for global projects by embracing new controls/technologies working with shipyard globally to reduce ship cabling, build costs through innovative solutions. The HVAC Automation Controls Engineer will also act as company “expert” in Electrical Systems during installation (commissioning), troubleshooting, repairing and programming control systems in vessels.
- Provides input to the project planning process, assesses the time required for the project engineering and the detailed design tasks
- Designs, redesigns and supports product design and development; provides technical support on projects, feasibility studies, and profitability assessments.
- Define and develop controls solutions for Bronswerk’s global defence strategy for projects around the world
- Responsible for end to end testing, programming, starting up, commissioning, and servicing on assigned projects.
- Testing and trouble-shooting equipment and ethernet network for HVAC systems during commissioning and Factory acceptance tests.
- Supports Field Technicians and Engineers during start-up and commissioning.
- Design control panels using AutoCAD Electrical. Produce associated shop drawings and wiring diagrams under the supervision of the Automation & Controls Manager.
- Checking the calibration of system sensors and transmitters
- Support with commissioning documentations.
- Works closely with other teams such as Refrigeration and/or HVAC projects teams to design and integrate appropriate controls
- Coordinates with Automation Controls Manager to precisely understand requirements for all project installation, gathering materials and synchronizing on-site work.
- Technological watch on automation products in general for a continuous optimization of products
Which candidate profile are we looking for?
- 5 years of experience in HVAC Controls
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instrumentation & Automation or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with various PLC and Industrial controls systems
- Familiar with PLC programming and implementation (Siemens Step 7 and Logo Controller, Beijer)
- Has strong root cause analysis and troubleshooting skills in automation
- Is familiar with HVAC Systems -an asset
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and attention to timelines and budget control
- Experience in drawing panel layouts in AutoCAD Electric (or other software)
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software
- Excellent writing skills (English)
- Must be willing and able to travel up to-15%
Why work for Bronswerk Group?
- Dynamic workplace and fast-growing international company
- Competitive salary and benefits, group insurances and retirement program
- Continuous professional development
How do I apply?
If you want to work for a fast-growing international company industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration systems, look no further: firstname.lastname@example.org